Poker, novel-in-progress, and updates from rainy PDX.

Saturday, May 22, 2004

Wha happened? Suddenly, I'm getting owned in the $0.25/$0.50 limit game. Well, maybe not owned, but I'm basically back at square one, even.

I've had a few beats... people sucking out straights against two pairs, or flushes against sets, but it hasn't been devastating. I guess I just haven't been that lucky. Sometimes you can't help but lose, even if you're playing correctly.

Wow, as I was writing this, I just flopped the nut straight on one table, and hit a set of 6s on the turn on another.

That's a nice little 10BB turnaround.

So, here's the big news: Next weekend my brother and I are organizing a tournament. We're hoping for 15-18 people at 2 tables. The buy in will probably be $25, and it'll be no-limit, of course.

I'm calling this thing the "World Series of Portland," and I've got a killer logo to boot. I'll post it here when I email it to myself from my other computer.

On the odd chance that anyone reading this is in Portland and wants to play, email me, and, if we have a spot open, it's yours.

However, you better be prepared to sit across from this guy:





That's my brother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home